Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Saul Rodriguez Very Motivated To Embrace Bigger Challenges

By Steve Kim, photo by Mikey Williams

Saul 'Neno' Rodriguez improved to 20-0-1 (15 KO's) by stopping Daulis Prescott in seven rounds at the Sportsmans Lodge in Studio City, California. It was a solid outing for the 23-year old who hails from Riverside, California.

"I felt good, I don't feel like he hit me with any clean shots to my face. I did pretty good on my defense. I'm still working on using my jab more and just getting more experience," said Rodriguez on Saturday night after his latest victory.

The veteran Prescott made things difficult with all his clinching and survival tactics.

"I was trying to be careful with the head-butts, I didn't want to get cut so I just started breaking him down with body shots when he was trying to clinch," he explained. "I would hit him, he'd try to hug. So I'd hit him and and right when I'd hit him I'd take a step back and hit him with an uppercut."

Soon Rodriguez will be moved up the ladder in the junior lightweight division.

"I let Cameron (Dunkin) take care of that but of course I feel like I can take like an NABO, NABF title, work my way up," he states. "But if I get an opportunity for a title shot, Cameron and Brad Goodman (Top Rank matchmaker) if they say yes - I'm all for it."

But soon, his time is coming.

"I feel like within a year I'll be one of the top contenders at junior lightweight or lightweight," said Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment